Tuesday, August 25, 2009

CVS Trip Today ~ I made $4!!

I had a fun trip to CVS today! I talked to a friend this morning who urged me to ask for the ReadyFill Coupon booklet at the pharmacy counter ~ what a great little booklet!!! I definitely suggest you get one if you have not already. The booklet has two $4 off of $20 purchase coupons in it which are my favorite kinds of coupons!

Here's what I got:

CVS Composition Book, $.99 each

Get $.99 back in ECBS (Limit 2)
Free after ECBs


PaperMate Mechanical Pencils 5 pack, $.50

Glade Sense & Spray Starter Kit, 2 for $5

Get $3 back in ECBs when you buy specified Galde products (Limit 3) $4/1 coupon (8/23 SS)
Better than free after coupons and ECBs


Glade 2oz Soy Candle, $3.29 each
Free Glade Soy Candle coupon (8/9 SS)
Free after coupon


Here's the math for my deal:

2 CVS Composition Books, $1.98 ($.99 each), so my OOP on them is $1.98, and I will get $1.98 ECBs back

2 PaperMate Mechanical Pencils 5 pack, $1 ($.50 each)

2 Glade Sense and Spray Starter Kits, $10 ($5 each), I used two $4 coupons, so my OOP on them is $2, and I will get $3 ECBs back!

3 Glade 2oz Soy Candles, $9.87 (3.29 each), I used three FREE Soy Candle coupons, so my OOP on them was ZERO!

My total was $22.85 before I gave them any coupons, so I used my $4 off of $20 coupon, which brings my total down to $18.85. After coupons my total went down to $.98 OOP, and my ECB total is $4.98!

Now I can use this $4.98 next week so that I won't have to pay so much OOP! If you keep "rolling" your ECBs each week you will find that you never have to pay much OOP at all! Remember ECBs are like cash for you to use at CVS ~ take care of them because they cannot be replaced.

NOTE: OOP means Out of Pocket

No comments: